Gaining Your First 1000 Followers On Instagram
The Internet is filled with tips on growing your account and gaining new Instagram followers, however, many of these tips are targeted towards bigger accounts and not those who have a couple of hundred followers. It is believed that getting the first 1,000 followers on any social media platform is the hardest for any account, as most users do not pay much attention to smaller accounts. Gaining your first 1,000 followers will not only ensure your credibility, but will also help you build a community. Following are some of the ways in which you can gain your first 1,000 followers.
1. Customize and complete your profile
Customizing your profile is one of the first steps in establishing your online presence and getting more Instagram views. The look of the profile not only tells your potential followers about your identity but also gives them a reason to follow you. You can complete your Instagram profile by keeping these few things in mind.
- Complete your profile: This means choosing the right name and a username, as they are the first things that appear in Instagram search results. The name could be the one you’d like to be identified by or the name of the brand or a keyword if you are a business. You can also add the nature of the account or the business along with your name. The user name is mostly determined by the name and should be something that can be remembered or searched easily.
- Go public: The only way to increase your views and gain free Instagram followers is by going public. It is impossible to enhance your reach if you set your account as private.
- Profile picture: Choosing a profile picture that best represents you or your business is extremely important. This is because the profile picture is also one of the first things that appear in Instagram searches.
- Create a compelling bio: Fill the bio section of your account with engaging information about yourself or the brand, which gives the audience a reason to follow you. You can also add a link tree to your bio to link it your website or blog to give the followers easy access to understand your brand.
- Enable notifications to track the comments on your photos, so you can engage with your followers quickly.
2. Get a basic understanding of Instagram’s algorithm
Understanding the key functions and the working of Instagram is one of the first steps towards gaining new followers. Instagram’s algorithm keeps changing constantly so it is important to keep abreast with all the new changes. Instagram keeps adding new features which push individuals and brands to test out their creativity and authenticity. Understanding the algorithm will help you find the right way to get the desired engagement, by letting you experiment with different types of posts.
3. Use Instagram Analytics
Instagram Analytics is an excellent tool to learn about what works best for your brand. You can use it to review your latest posts so that you can learn from the best-performing content and establish a narrative that works best for you. It also provides an insight into what your audience like by studying their Instagram likes and comments.
4. Find your Target Audience
It is crucial to understand your followers so that you can tailor your content according to their likes and dislikes. From the very start, have the image of a potential audience in your mind and then look for other accounts that are already serving your audience base. These accounts are not necessarily your competitors but are those that focus their posts related to the type of audience you want to attract. For instance, if your page is on fitness, it would be advisable to explore other accounts related to sports goods, gyms, lifestyle content. You can then start engaging with these accounts to enhance your visibility by following their Instagram followers.
5. Learning the right time to engage followers
A study of your analytics will provide you with data to understand the best times to you can post your content. It is important to engage your followers at the times they are most active on Instagram, otherwise, your posts could easily get buried in their feeds. Another important reason to look at your analytics when growing your Instagram followers is to find out how frequently you can post your content.
It is important to hold your Instagram profile to the highest standards in terms of the content you produce. Always try to implement new methods and techniques, and strive for constant change so your followers have something new to look forward to, which will eventually drive up the Instagram views.
Also on TurboMedia
Top 9 Most-Followed Accounts in 2021
With around 1 billion active users, Instagram is undoubtedly the most popular social media platform today. Every day millions of people compete to expand reach and visibility on Instagram. For this reason, getting many Instagram…
Using Instagram To Promote Your Etsy Store: Tips & Tricks
Did you know 80% of over a billion users on Instagram follow a business profile? Out of these, over 30% have reportedly purchased a product they first spotted on Instagram. These numbers are enough to…
7 Ways to Gain More Instagram Followers In 2021
What was once just a fun app for millennials has quickly turned to become the second-highest social networking site in the world. Instagram is a thriving platform for audience building, networking, selling and content marketing…