How Often Should You Do Live Videos on Instagram for Greater Engagement?
Over a million people tune into Instagram Live each day, which is a reflection of the feature’s potential. For businesses, the feature has emerged as a crucial part of their respective Instagram marketing strategies, as live videos tend to do better than recorded videos. However, there’s still some confusion as to what the right frequency is when it comes to doing live videos on Instagram.
If you have the same confusion, read on. In this article, we’ll take you through all the information you need that will help you decide your Instagram Live frequency for boosting Instagram engagement.
1. Experiment and analyze your audience’s activity
If you’ve never done a live video before, there’s no way for you to understand how your Instagram followers will respond to one. So, before anything else, experiment with different timings and observe how many people are watching your videos.
You should make the most of Instagram’s Live Analytics feature to understand when your audience is engaging the most with your live videos. Once you have the relevant information, try and post Instagram Live videos at times when your audience activity is at its peak.
It’s important to remember that your audience’s behavior is likely to change from time to time. So, you should use Instagram Live Analytics consistently to understand changes in your audience’s behavior and adjust your Instagram Live practices accordingly.
2. Incorporate variety into your live videos
Doing the same type of live video over and over again can get tedious not only for you but for your audience as well. That’s why it’s important to mix it up and keep things interesting. You can experiment with the following live video types to understand what works for you and what doesn’t:
- Q&As: Q&A videos are incredibly effective at increasing Instagram comments as they allow viewers to engage with you with their doubts and queries in real-time. These videos are also great ways for you to prove your expertise within your niche. You could even rope in experts in your niche to speak to your audience on the behalf of your brand.
- Tutorials: Through tutorial videos, you can explain to your audiences how your products work. This way, your audience gets to know from the horse’s mouth the right way to use products. Tutorial videos also go a long way towards making your brand seem more authentic.
- Behind the scenes: Taking your audience behind the scenes is a great way of showing people how your business’ employees work and its work culture. Behind the scenes live videos can drastically increase the trust that your audience has in your brand.
These are the most popular types of live videos. Other types you can experiment with include announcement videos, product reviews, interviews, and educational videos.
3. Create pre-live and post-live posts
Sometimes, doing a live video when your audience is most active isn’t enough to guarantee Instagram views. In such a scenario, the best thing to do is to create a pre-live post to announce that you’ll be going live soon. For instance, if you plan to go live at 8:00 PM on Tuesday, you could post in the morning informing your audience of the time. You can also include information in the pre-live post such as a glimpse into what your live video will be all about.
After your live video is done and dusted, you should thank your viewers for their participation. This will make your audience feel valued, which will increase their chances of participating in your next live video.
So, start experimenting now and find out which type of live video works best for you and when you should post it for maximum views and engagement.
If you want free Instagram followers and free Instagram likes, you should try TurboMedia. A software tool for new brands and aspiring influencers on Instagram, TurboMedia allows you to buy Instagram likes as well.
Also on TurboMedia
Top Tactics to Work In Brand Endorsements In Your IGTV
IGTV is an Instagram app that allows users to create and publish long-form videos. Due to the popularity of Instagram among brands for promotions and endorsements, IGTV too has become a potent video-centric marketing platform….
Smart Things Bloggers Do To Boost Instagram Followers
Instagram has become an important tool for businesses to promote their brand and build an engaged audience. Whether you are an established brand or a new one, there are things you can do to improve…
Why Engagement on Instagram is Important?
Did you know 80% of Instagram users follow one or more businesses? Another research revealed, 72% of users bought a product after first seeing it on Instagram. These statistics speak volumes about the popularity of…