How to Choose the Right Colors for Your Instagram Aesthetic?
A great Instagram aesthetic is one that involves the right use of colors in the context of your brand. Different brands have achieved Instagram success by developing unique color palettes, and you can do the same. If you want to know how, you’re at the right place.
In this article, we’ll tell you how you can choose the right colors for your Instagram aesthetic. We’ll focus on various important aspects such as color psychology and how it can affect brand recognition. So, read on.
1. Before anything else, focus on incorporating the colors of your brand
Irrespective of what the colors of your brand are, you must use them as the dominant colors across your Instagram account. This will facilitate brand cognition, which is something that comes way before recognition. Focusing on incorporating your brand’s colors will make sure that Instagram users remember your brand. After all, you have to first be on the minds of your target audience before there’s any chance of them buying from you, right?
2. Know about various color palettes and what they can help your brand achieve on Instagram
There’s a wide variety of color palettes that function on the basis of color theory and psychology. You should incorporate one or more of these palettes based on what you want your brand to achieve on Instagram. Here are a few examples of commonly-used color palettes:
- Analogous: An analogous color palette refers to colors whose color wheel positions are close to each other. For instance, pink, orange, and red are considered analogous colors. Analogous color palettes are considered incredibly effective in building brand awareness.
- Monochromatic: Monochromatic color palettes consist of numerous shades of one color. For brands associated with single colors, these color palettes facilitate the development of consistency.
- Triadic: Triadic color palettes involve the use of 3 equidistant colors on the color wheel. If you want your branding to be aggressive and playful, using a triadic color palette is a great option. However, if you’re looking for a more sober aesthetic, it would be best to steer clear of triadic color palettes.
- Complementary: If you want your aesthetic to look innovative and feel communicative, a complementary color palette would work wonders. Typically, these color palettes involve bold pairings that offer a stark contrast. For instance, the combination of coral and navy blue is a great example of a complementary color palette.
- Neutral and neutral plus: These color palettes consist of earthy and natural colors, and you can achieve contrast through the use of such palettes by pairing a neutral color with a non-neutral color. For brands that operate sustainably, these palettes make for amazing choices.
3. Post images that work well with your color palette choices
Now that you’ve incorporated your brand’s signature colors and also your preferred color palette, it’s time to turn your attention toward the images you post. Quite simply, if the images don’t work well with your other colors, your feed will still look inconsistent and incoherent to your Instagram followers. So, always stick to the imagery that complements your feed’s overall vibe and aesthetic.
Even if you want to post an image that’s conflicting with your feed’s colors, why not apply a filter? Instagram offers users a diverse array of filters that you can make the most of to optimize an image based on your account’s existing color schemes.
Once you’ve perfected your Instagram aesthetic, you can expect more Instagram views to come your way, along with increased Instagram comments and Instagram likes. Last but not the least, we’d like to recommend TurboMedia, a software tool for brands to get free Instagram likes and free Instagram followers.
Also on TurboMedia
Gaining Your First 1000 Followers On Instagram
The Internet is filled with tips on growing your account and gaining new Instagram followers, however, many of these tips are targeted towards bigger accounts and not those who have a couple of hundred followers….
How to Get Your Instagram Followers to Increase Your Account’s TikTok Viewership
People often engage in the debate of TikTok vs Instagram. Which is a better social media platform, which has more potential – these are questions content creators and marketers constantly dabble with. What if you…
5 Ways You Can Increase Engagement on Instagram
Whether you are a business or an influencer whose main platform is Instagram, you probably already know just how lucrative social media can be. However, the online success of your brand largely depends on how…