How To Leverage Secret Instagram Hacks To Gain Followers
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world today, with over 500 million active daily users of the app in the world. Gone are the days when it was considered an app for kids. It has now established itself as an important tool for networking, content marketing, and audience building among brands and individuals. It is estimated that the average Instagram engagement rate for brands in 2020 was around 0.96 per cent, which is quite high when compared to other social networks.
The following hacks will help you reach engagement rates higher than this average. Whether you are an individual looking to gain new Instagram followers, or a brand working on enhancing its reach, these tips can be worked into your social strategy to achieve the best results.
1. Customizing your stories according to your brand
Ever so often, it may happen that your brand colours might not match the ones available in Instagram stories. So is the case with fonts, since Instagram only offers a few fonts. Since a large part of brand marketing is about establishing an aesthetic and making a brand colour palette that is instantly recognisable, there are certain steps you can take to customise and make your own story guide.
Creating a customized story guide:
- Use your brand color palette to create a story
- Save it to the favorites folder in your camera roll
- Create a new Instagram story
- You can either select the color palette photo from the stickers option or copy and paste it.
- Using a color dropper afterwards will allow you to choose the exact brand colors from the pre-made palette.
- Now you can use these colors to add them to the background, text or drawings.
Creating customized fonts can be done in a few simple steps.
- Download a free-source Instagram font tool among the many available online, like Instagram Fonts or LingoJam.
- Type your text into the fonts tool you have chosen and select a font that matches your brand aesthetic.
- After the text has been written in the desired font, copy it to paste it into your stories, posts or bio.
2. Add several hashtags to Stories and make them invisible
There are ways to increase your Instagram views and brand visibility on the platform, while also keeping the stories tastefully arranged. You can be discovered by potential customers and followers by using hashtags, but adding multiple hashtags can sometimes ruin the aesthetics of the stories. Following is a way you can hide the hashtags to keep your content on-brand:
- Select a photo you want to share in the stories.
- Write the hashtags and then move them into an area with a solid background.
- Be sure to make the font size of the hashtag quite small.
- Use the pen icon to drag it across the photo and choose the same color as the background
- Use this color to draw over the hashtag to match it with the background, thereby making it invisible.
- You can repeat the same process and add up to 30 hashtags to the story.
3. Respond to comments at lightning speed
Engaging and interacting with your followers is extremely important for increasing your brand reach. However, replying to each and every follower can be quite difficult. If your followers ask similar questions, there are ways to create handy shortcuts to generate automatic replies to the Instagram comments. You can do so in the following way:
- Go to the keyboard option in the settings menu of your phone.
- Choose the text replacement option.
- Click on the plus symbol (+) located in the upper right corner.
- Type in the standard response you want to generate in the ‘phrase’ option and choose it as a shortcut.
- Create an abbreviation for the phrase and then click save.
- Now you can use this shortcut to respond to comments when it comes up on your keyboard.
4. Customize cover images in your videos
It can be observed that when you upload a video, the cover frame for it can often be blurred and unappealing. You can create the custom cover frames for your videos in the following way:
- Before uploading the video on Instagram attach the required cover image at the start or end of the video file.
- Upload the video on Instagram and go into the edit option.
- Choose the section of the video that consists of that cover image to set it as the video frame.
- Click save and publish.
5. Change the color of stickers
Although often underappreciated, stickers can be excellent to add some personality to your stories. A good way to ensure they do not affect the aesthetic of your story is by changing their colors to fit the brand color palette. You can do that by choosing the color wheel button located on the top or bottom of the screen when you add the sticker.
As social media platforms are ever-changing, it can be difficult for users to navigate through the updates. However, these easy hacks will come in handy for even inexperienced users and will help them gain free Instagram followers.
Also on TurboMedia
How Can You Gain Followers Using Instagram Reels?
Instagram introduced a feature called Reels in August of this year. Reels is a creative and entertaining way to share videos that are up to 15 seconds long. You can merge multiple clips and edit…
Powerful Tips for Instagram Marketing in 2021
As Instagram is emerging as a powerful marketing tool, it is imperative for businesses to make the best use of this platform. With thousands of brands competing with each other, how can you establish a…
Instagram Story Highlights for Your Business
Instagram Stories last for just 24 hours which means that if your Instagram followers miss it, they won’t have access to it any more. Instagram Story Highlights are an effective feature to help solve this…