Should You Go Vertical or Horizontal with Your IGTV Videos
Instagram disrupted the traditional experience of watching TV when it launched its IGTV feature that gave video content creators a modern and more mobile friendly experience. Through IGTV, Instagrammers could not only post awesome videos having longer duration but also share them with their Instagram followers quickly and easily.
While IGTV came with a brand-new set of functions when it was launched, Instagram has constantly updated the app to ensure a better experience for all the Instagrammers. The most recent update of the app is the provision of posting vertical or horizontal IGTV videos. The correct choice of layout can help you create more engaging videos and, thus, earn new Instagram likes, Instagram comments and followers. If you are a content creator feeling confused about the layout of your IGTV video, read further.
Things to consider while deciding the layout of IGTV videos
The kind of layout you should decide while launching your videos on Instagram depends on the message you want to deliver across. For instance: If you are a chef and want people to have a clear view of your wide table while you cook, you should choose horizontal format. On the other hand, if you are a fashion influencer and what your Instagram followers to focus on your attire from head to toe, go for a vertical layout.
Another point that you need to consider is the number of people in a given frame of the video. If you have a group of four or more people in the same frame, making a horizontal video is a better option. On the contrary, if there are fewer people in a single frame and you want to focus on the whole body, vertical layout works well!
If you want to make a video directly addressing your Instagram followers and viewers, creating videos in a vertical format is more preferable than making a horizontal one. This is because Instagram users are likely to scroll through Instagram vertically. Therefore, they will be able to relate with you more if you look into their eyes and speak to them vertically.
Benefits of making vertical IGTV videos
- Vertical IGTV videos allow audience to watch videos one-handed. They do not need to hold their mobile phones in both hands. Hence, they can watch videos while doing other things as well.
- Instagram’s viewers do not need to flip the phone again and again to watch vertical video. As the Instagram feed is in a vertical format, Instagram users do not need to make an extra small effort to watch your vertical IGTV video.
- Vertical videos have more chance of grabbing the attention of the viewers as they scroll through Instagram.
- Vertical videos are able to connect with the audience more as they are more intimate and make the viewers as if you are speaking to them directly.
Benefits of making horizontal IGTV videos
- Horizontal videos are perfect for creating videos that cover a wide area.
- Easier to film and watch when multiple people are involved.
- Horizontal videos can be uploaded easily to other social media links as well such as YouTube.
No matter what layout you choose, engaging IGTV videos can help you attract more Instagram views and followers. It is not a rule to stick to only one layout for all videos. You can make some vertically and some horizontally, depending on the content you wish to create. However, it is advisable to keep the format of all your videos uniform. This helps in branding, consistency and makes the job easier for you too.
Also on TurboMedia
Best Photo Filters to Use for Your Instagram Marketing in 2022
Instagram is no more the simple photo-sharing app that it once was. Its immense popularity around the world has catapulted it into becoming an unmatched brand marketing platform. Quite simply, no modern-day brand can afford…
Why Engagement on Instagram is Important?
Did you know 80% of Instagram users follow one or more businesses? Another research revealed, 72% of users bought a product after first seeing it on Instagram. These statistics speak volumes about the popularity of…
How to Get Your Instagram Followers to Increase Your Account’s TikTok Viewership
People often engage in the debate of TikTok vs Instagram. Which is a better social media platform, which has more potential – these are questions content creators and marketers constantly dabble with. What if you…