Should You Go Vertical or Horizontal with Your IGTV Videos
Instagram disrupted the traditional experience of watching TV when it launched its IGTV feature that gave video content creators a modern and more mobile friendly experience. Through IGTV, Instagrammers could not only post awesome videos having longer duration but also share them with their Instagram followers quickly and easily.
While IGTV came with a brand-new set of functions when it was launched, Instagram has constantly updated the app to ensure a better experience for all the Instagrammers. The most recent update of the app is the provision of posting vertical or horizontal IGTV videos. The correct choice of layout can help you create more engaging videos and, thus, earn new Instagram likes, Instagram comments and followers. If you are a content creator feeling confused about the layout of your IGTV video, read further.
Things to consider while deciding the layout of IGTV videos
The kind of layout you should decide while launching your videos on Instagram depends on the message you want to deliver across. For instance: If you are a chef and want people to have a clear view of your wide table while you cook, you should choose horizontal format. On the other hand, if you are a fashion influencer and what your Instagram followers to focus on your attire from head to toe, go for a vertical layout.
Another point that you need to consider is the number of people in a given frame of the video. If you have a group of four or more people in the same frame, making a horizontal video is a better option. On the contrary, if there are fewer people in a single frame and you want to focus on the whole body, vertical layout works well!
If you want to make a video directly addressing your Instagram followers and viewers, creating videos in a vertical format is more preferable than making a horizontal one. This is because Instagram users are likely to scroll through Instagram vertically. Therefore, they will be able to relate with you more if you look into their eyes and speak to them vertically.
Benefits of making vertical IGTV videos
- Vertical IGTV videos allow audience to watch videos one-handed. They do not need to hold their mobile phones in both hands. Hence, they can watch videos while doing other things as well.
- Instagram’s viewers do not need to flip the phone again and again to watch vertical video. As the Instagram feed is in a vertical format, Instagram users do not need to make an extra small effort to watch your vertical IGTV video.
- Vertical videos have more chance of grabbing the attention of the viewers as they scroll through Instagram.
- Vertical videos are able to connect with the audience more as they are more intimate and make the viewers as if you are speaking to them directly.
Benefits of making horizontal IGTV videos
- Horizontal videos are perfect for creating videos that cover a wide area.
- Easier to film and watch when multiple people are involved.
- Horizontal videos can be uploaded easily to other social media links as well such as YouTube.
No matter what layout you choose, engaging IGTV videos can help you attract more Instagram views and followers. It is not a rule to stick to only one layout for all videos. You can make some vertically and some horizontally, depending on the content you wish to create. However, it is advisable to keep the format of all your videos uniform. This helps in branding, consistency and makes the job easier for you too.
Also on TurboMedia
Organic or Sponsored: Which Instagram Ad Format is Right For You?
With the various changes that social media platforms have implemented in the past few years, it is important to be savvy with these algorithm changes. Organic vs sponsored ads is something everyone needs to consider…
Benefits of Merging your Tik Tok Campaign with your Instagram Campaign
While many people were skeptical about the popularity of TikTok in its initial phase, this social media platform is now reaching the general masses. More and more people are joining this platform, causing a shift…
How to gain Instagram followers for a mental health cause?
Designing content One of the best strategies to get followers and to keep them interested is to have a consistent theme for your page. Within the diverse areas of mental health, decide your preferences and…