The Case for Reels: Do they Help You Stand Out on Instagram?
Have an Instagram account and want to start using Reels? Let’s first talk about when Instagram Reels was introduced and how it can help you get more likes, followers, and comments.
All about Instagram Reels
Instagram Reels was introduced in August 2020 to help users create short videos like the ones on TikTok. The Reels feature is built into the existing interface to make it easy to create video content. Reels is like Instagram stories and using the camera from the stories feature is a snap. Other interesting facts about Reels are:
- Short-form content (video) and created in portrait mode.
- Are 3-15 seconds long.
- Can be filmed directly with the Reels camera or can be uploaded from your phone.
- Filming can be done in one take or combining a series of clips.
- Can be uploaded only from a phone.
Many Instagram viewers have watched clips without realizing that these are reels. Creating and uploading is easy – upload to your stories or to the gallery in your profile. By tagging them, they will appear on the Explore page with similar content. You can figure out Instagram video reels by the icon in the bottom corner of the video in your feed.
How to boost your Instagram presence using Reels
Now that you know what Instagram reels is, how can you use this feature to boost visibility? After all, the reason to set up an account was to get free Instagram followers, likes and comments. What content should you create and promote to get more Instagram views? Keep in mind that Instagram stories expire after a set period. Regular IGTV videos are of a longer duration. Use Instagram reels as a teaser to introduce new products and make them shareable. This will help you get more free Instagram followers and comments from viewers around the globe.
This format is a great way to share quick tips on how to use a product, offer glimpses into the brand and launching new products. Creating a reel is easy and totally pressure free.
- Using available tools to create content: Instagram has built in tools and music which you can use to create eye-catching videos. Using these can grab viewer attention and garner Instagram likes, if the ideas are off-beat. Presenting ways to use a product in different ways will get you more visibility.
- Making your reel interesting: There is so much video content to deal with that catching viewer attention can be tricky. The first few seconds of the reel should grab the viewer’s attention and make them watch more. Use text or emojis so that viewers stop and watch your clip. This is the quickest way to get more Instagram followers. Encouraging them to share their experiences will get you plenty of Instagram comments and keep them coming back.
- Using editing tools to engage viewers: Simple edits can highly effective in presenting content and grabbing viewer attention. Try a few new things and see what appeals to you and then post it.
- Delivering tips and CTAs to get more Instagram comments: Reels are a good tool to offer tips or advice on any topic. Become the go-to account for up-to-date and unusual information and grow your fan following.
In conclusion, the main objective of setting up an Instagram account is to get more business. Instagram offers plenty of features that are easy to use – mixing it up will help you to stay relevant and grow your follower base. It is all about experimenting and finding new ways to grab eyeballs in an organic way.
Also on TurboMedia
Tips on Preventing Your Instagram Content from Being Suppressed
If you are trying to increase your following on Instagram, you have to rely on the Explore page and hashtags to expand your reach and audience. However, sometimes, even if you try your best, your…
How Instagram Influencers Can Boost Your Business
Instagram influencers are people who have a large following on the social media platform and can influence their audience to buy your product or service. You can partner with social media influencers to buy Instagram…
Why Has Instagram Become The Popular Choice of Self Help Businesses?
Introduction Businesses are increasingly moving towards digital mediums for expansion. Social media platforms provide a low cost and effective marketing options for small business. Asset light firms, including wellness and self-help can benefit a lot…