Top Tips to Engage Your Instagram Audiences Using Story Templates
Social media marketing has become inevitable for brands. But, this is more about just posting content. You have to engage the audience you have and not just the reach or views. One way to do this is through stories.
Read on to learn a few tips that will help you engage your Instagram audiences using story templates:
Tell a story
The simplest way for you to improve the engagement on your Instagram stories is to actually tell a story. It will have a start, a middle, and a finish. It is easy to just put a photo up. But, you have to give a little context to your audience to ensure that they have a better experience.
Tell viewers to put the sound on or add captions
A simple, but clever thing you can do for increasing the engagement on your Instagram stories is adding captions to your stories. Most people don’t have their sounds on while they are browning their feeds. So, if you don’t want to be a talking head, write out what you are saying and maximize the reach and response of your audience.
Instagram stickers can make your stories interactive and fun. There are two types of stickers that you can use for boosting your stories engagement:
- Question stickers – This will prompt the audience to ask a question in your stories. When you submit a response to the question, the person who originally asked the question will get a notification. You can ask your followers about a specific subject, its challenges, and what they would like to see on their feed.
- Poll stickers – Everyone loves polls. You can use the poll sticker to get an understanding of the preferences of your audience and get some help in making choices for your business or just general feedback. Another benefit of this is that you will have a list of all the followers who submitted an answer to the poll. You will have 24 hours for sending them a message after the poll has ended to continue the conversation.
In some cases, you need to tell your followers what to do. For increasing the engagement in your Instagram stories, you have to use prompts for retaining viewership through a story or increasing the time spent. Here is what you can do:
- Hold to read – You can add a longer text message to your stories and prompt the viewers to read the full content through this prompt.
- Tap for more – You can start your story with a tile asking a question and after it, add ‘Tap for more’. In the next few tiles, you can give static images or any information about the subject.
- Get ready to – This prompt can be used for creating excitement and anticipation. It will also help set the tone for whatever is next. This way, your audience will be prepared to turn their sound on, turn their screens, or take a screenshot.
DM for download
In social media platforms, it is important to get your audience to talk to you and generate engagement. You can use your stories to ask for a DM and give a freebie to your viewers. This can be an eBook, a seat at your webinar, or a downloadable checklist. Through this, you will have a list of people who are interested in a specific subject. Also, you would have already had a direct conversation with them. This is more engaging than just them watching your stories.
If you are unable to post on your profile, Instagram stories can be the perfect way of staying in the feed of your followers. Staying active on your Instagram stories will help your account do better.
Also on TurboMedia
Smart Things Bloggers Do To Boost Instagram Followers
Instagram has become an important tool for businesses to promote their brand and build an engaged audience. Whether you are an established brand or a new one, there are things you can do to improve…
Powerful Tips for Instagram Marketing in 2021
As Instagram is emerging as a powerful marketing tool, it is imperative for businesses to make the best use of this platform. With thousands of brands competing with each other, how can you establish a…
Your Guide to Monitoring and Improving Instagram Analytics
There’s a lot happening on Instagram, and it can be difficult to keep track of. With constant changes being introduced on the platform, it’s crucial to make necessary adjustments based on Instagram’s algorithm if you…